Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 12:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 12:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.42 meters/second, 1610.7 km/hour, 1000.8 miles/hour or 869.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 06.4"||1000.72 mi||West||0° 11' 27.8"||13.13 mi||South||1000.66 mi|
|24 hours||11° 45' 31.9"||810.52 mi||East||4° 28' 08.9"||307.11 mi||South||863.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Thu 3:10 AM||464 km||288 miles||250 nm||S|
|Papeete||Thu 2:40 AM||1796 km||1116 miles||970 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 2:40 AM||2134 km||1326 miles||1152 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Thu 4:40 AM||2449 km||1522 miles||1322 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 2:40 AM||2860 km||1777 miles||1544 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Thu 2:40 AM||3527 km||2191 miles||1904 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 1:40 AM||3555 km||2209 miles||1920 nm||W|
|Alofi||Thu 1:40 AM||3675 km||2284 miles||1985 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Fri 2:40 AM||3696 km||2297 miles||1996 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 7:40 AM||4026 km||2502 miles||2174 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.