Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 1:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 13:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.23 meters/second, 1610.0 km/hour, 1000.4 miles/hour or 869.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.5"||1000.29 mi||West||0° 11' 26.4"||13.10 mi||South||1000.23 mi|
|24 hours||11° 46' 59.9"||811.90 mi||East||4° 27' 13.2"||306.05 mi||South||864.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Fri 3:58 AM||772 km||480 miles||417 nm||N|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:58 AM||1512 km||940 miles||816 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Thu 3:58 AM||1670 km||1038 miles||902 nm||SSE|
|Apia *||Fri 3:58 AM||1777 km||1104 miles||959 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 3:58 AM||1797 km||1117 miles||971 nm||S|
|Alofi||Thu 2:58 AM||2004 km||1245 miles||1082 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:58 AM||2113 km||1313 miles||1141 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Fri 1:58 AM||2527 km||1570 miles||1364 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 2:58 AM||2556 km||1588 miles||1380 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Thu 3:58 AM||2917 km||1813 miles||1575 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.