Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 2:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 14:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.20 meters/second, 1609.9 km/hour, 1000.4 miles/hour or 869.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.0"||1000.23 mi||West||0° 11' 26.2"||13.10 mi||South||1000.17 mi|
|24 hours||11° 47' 11.3"||812.07 mi||East||4° 27' 06.0"||305.91 mi||South||864.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Fri 4:08 AM||852 km||529 miles||460 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 3:08 AM||1260 km||783 miles||680 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Fri 4:08 AM||1559 km||969 miles||842 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 4:08 AM||1788 km||1111 miles||966 nm||S|
|Papeete||Thu 4:08 AM||1829 km||1137 miles||988 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Thu 3:08 AM||1845 km||1147 miles||996 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 2:08 AM||1857 km||1154 miles||1003 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Fri 2:08 AM||2262 km||1406 miles||1221 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 3:08 AM||2373 km||1474 miles||1281 nm||SW|
|Suva||Fri 2:08 AM||2697 km||1676 miles||1456 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.