Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 2:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 14:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.18 meters/second, 1609.8 km/hour, 1000.3 miles/hour or 869.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 02.7"||1000.17 mi||West||0° 11' 26.0"||13.09 mi||South||1000.11 mi|
|24 hours||11° 47' 22.7"||812.25 mi||East||4° 26' 58.6"||305.77 mi||South||864.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rawaki||Fri 3:18 AM||865 km||538 miles||467 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Fri 4:18 AM||1000 km||622 miles||540 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 3:18 AM||1016 km||631 miles||548 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Fri 4:18 AM||1358 km||844 miles||733 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Thu 2:18 AM||1605 km||997 miles||867 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Thu 3:18 AM||1712 km||1064 miles||925 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 4:18 AM||1817 km||1129 miles||981 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Fri 2:18 AM||1998 km||1242 miles||1079 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Thu 4:18 AM||2010 km||1249 miles||1085 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Fri 3:18 AM||2205 km||1370 miles||1191 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.