Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 2:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 14:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.10 meters/second, 1609.6 km/hour, 1000.1 miles/hour or 869.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.6"||1000.01 mi||West||0° 11' 25.5"||13.08 mi||South||999.95 mi|
|24 hours||11° 47' 54.8"||812.75 mi||East||4° 26' 37.6"||305.38 mi||South||864.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rawaki||Fri 3:46 AM||192 km||120 miles||104 nm||NNW|
|Kanton Island||Fri 3:46 AM||336 km||209 miles||181 nm||NW|
|Atafu||Fri 3:46 AM||474 km||294 miles||256 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 3:46 AM||484 km||301 miles||261 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 2:46 AM||952 km||591 miles||514 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Fri 4:46 AM||977 km||607 miles||528 nm||SSW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Fri 4:46 AM||979 km||608 miles||529 nm||SSW|
|Howland Island||Thu 2:46 AM||1007 km||626 miles||544 nm||NW|
|Pago Pago||Thu 3:46 AM||1007 km||626 miles||544 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Fri 2:46 AM||1268 km||788 miles||685 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.