Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 3:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 15:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.05 meters/second, 1609.4 km/hour, 1000.0 miles/hour or 869.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 00.7"||999.88 mi||West||0° 11' 25.1"||13.08 mi||South||999.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 48' 20.1"||813.15 mi||East||4° 26' 21.0"||305.06 mi||South||865.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Atafu||Fri 4:08 AM||463 km||288 miles||250 nm||SE|
|Kanton Island||Fri 4:08 AM||472 km||293 miles||255 nm||NE|
|Rawaki||Fri 4:08 AM||521 km||324 miles||281 nm||ENE|
|Baker Island||Thu 3:08 AM||623 km||387 miles||337 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 4:08 AM||627 km||390 miles||338 nm||SE|
|Howland Island||Thu 3:08 AM||693 km||430 miles||374 nm||NNW|
|Funafuti||Fri 3:08 AM||721 km||448 miles||389 nm||WSW|
|Mata-Utu||Fri 3:08 AM||894 km||556 miles||483 nm||S|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Fri 5:08 AM||989 km||614 miles||534 nm||SSE|
|Apia *||Fri 5:08 AM||1016 km||631 miles||548 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.