Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 3:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 15:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.98 meters/second, 1609.1 km/hour, 999.9 miles/hour or 868.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 59.6"||999.74 mi||West||0° 11' 24.6"||13.07 mi||South||999.67 mi|
|24 hours||348° 11' 11.8"||813.58 mi||West||4° 26' 02.7"||304.71 mi||South||865.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Fri 3:32 AM||350 km||218 miles||189 nm||S|
|Tabiteuea||Fri 3:32 AM||664 km||412 miles||358 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Thu 3:32 AM||790 km||491 miles||426 nm||NE|
|Howland Island||Thu 3:32 AM||835 km||519 miles||451 nm||NE|
|Atafu||Fri 4:32 AM||996 km||619 miles||538 nm||ESE|
|Tarawa||Fri 3:32 AM||1007 km||626 miles||544 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 4:32 AM||1163 km||723 miles||628 nm||ESE|
|Apia *||Fri 5:32 AM||1375 km||855 miles||743 nm||SE|
|Suva||Fri 3:32 AM||1415 km||879 miles||764 nm||S|
|Yaren||Fri 3:32 AM||1449 km||901 miles||783 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.