Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 15:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 15:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.98 meters/second, 1609.1 km/hour, 999.9 miles/hour or 868.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.66 mi||west||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||south||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 59.6"||999.81 mi||west||0° 11' 24.6"||13.07 mi||south||999.73 mi|
|24 hours||348° 11' 10.5"||813.66 mi||west||4° 26' 01.8"||304.72 mi||south||865.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Fri 3:32 AM||352 km||219 miles||190 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Thu 3:32 AM||809 km||503 miles||437 nm||NE|
|Tarawa||Fri 3:32 AM||987 km||614 miles||533 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 4:32 AM||1188 km||738 miles||641 nm||ESE|
|Apia *||Fri 5:32 AM||1397 km||868 miles||754 nm||SE|
|Suva||Fri 3:32 AM||1414 km||878 miles||763 nm||S|
|Yaren||Fri 3:32 AM||1423 km||884 miles||768 nm||WNW|
|Majuro||Fri 3:32 AM||1620 km||1006 miles||875 nm||NNW|
|Port Vila||Fri 2:32 AM||1781 km||1106 miles||961 nm||SW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 4:32 AM||1862 km||1157 miles||1006 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.