Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 3:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 15:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.97 meters/second, 1609.1 km/hour, 999.9 miles/hour or 868.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 59.6"||999.72 mi||West||0° 11' 24.5"||13.07 mi||South||999.65 mi|
|24 hours||348° 11' 07.2"||813.65 mi||West||4° 25' 59.6"||304.65 mi||South||865.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Fri 3:36 AM||369 km||230 miles||199 nm||SSE|
|Tabiteuea||Fri 3:36 AM||592 km||368 miles||320 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Thu 3:36 AM||863 km||536 miles||466 nm||NE|
|Howland Island||Thu 3:36 AM||902 km||560 miles||487 nm||NE|
|Tarawa||Fri 3:36 AM||940 km||584 miles||507 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 4:36 AM||1262 km||784 miles||682 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Fri 3:36 AM||1350 km||839 miles||729 nm||WNW|
|Suva||Fri 3:36 AM||1413 km||878 miles||763 nm||S|
|Apia *||Fri 5:36 AM||1454 km||903 miles||785 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Fri 3:36 AM||1566 km||973 miles||846 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.