Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 3:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 15:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.95 meters/second, 1609.0 km/hour, 999.8 miles/hour or 868.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 59.0"||999.66 mi||West||0° 11' 24.3"||13.06 mi||South||999.59 mi|
|24 hours||348° 10' 55.6"||813.83 mi||West||4° 25' 51.9"||304.50 mi||South||865.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Fri 3:46 AM||521 km||324 miles||281 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Fri 3:46 AM||810 km||503 miles||437 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Thu 3:46 AM||1070 km||665 miles||578 nm||NE|
|Yaren||Fri 3:46 AM||1110 km||690 miles||599 nm||WNW|
|Suva||Fri 3:46 AM||1440 km||895 miles||778 nm||SSE|
|Majuro||Fri 3:46 AM||1461 km||908 miles||789 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 4:46 AM||1514 km||941 miles||818 nm||ESE|
|Port Vila||Fri 2:46 AM||1582 km||983 miles||854 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Fri 5:46 AM||1664 km||1034 miles||898 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Fri 2:46 AM||1790 km||1112 miles||967 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.