Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 3:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 15:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.92 meters/second, 1608.9 km/hour, 999.7 miles/hour or 868.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 58.7"||999.60 mi||West||0° 11' 24.1"||13.06 mi||South||999.53 mi|
|24 hours||348° 10' 43.9"||814.01 mi||West||4° 25' 44.1"||304.36 mi||South||865.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Fri 3:56 AM||741 km||460 miles||400 nm||ESE|
|Tarawa||Fri 3:56 AM||758 km||471 miles||409 nm||N|
|Yaren||Fri 3:56 AM||887 km||551 miles||479 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Thu 3:56 AM||1301 km||808 miles||702 nm||ENE|
|Majuro||Fri 3:56 AM||1400 km||870 miles||756 nm||N|
|Port Vila||Fri 2:56 AM||1463 km||909 miles||790 nm||SSW|
|Suva||Fri 3:56 AM||1514 km||941 miles||817 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Fri 2:56 AM||1532 km||952 miles||827 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 4:56 AM||1771 km||1100 miles||956 nm||ESE|
|Apia *||Fri 5:56 AM||1887 km||1173 miles||1019 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.