Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 4:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 16:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.78 meters/second, 1608.4 km/hour, 999.4 miles/hour or 868.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.7"||999.29 mi||West||0° 11' 23.1"||13.04 mi||South||999.22 mi|
|24 hours||11° 50' 15.0"||814.92 mi||East||4° 25' 04.5"||303.60 mi||South||866.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Fri 3:46 AM||445 km||276 miles||240 nm||SSW|
|Gizo||Fri 3:46 AM||551 km||342 miles||298 nm||WSW|
|Arawa||Fri 2:46 AM||622 km||387 miles||336 nm||W|
|Yaren||Fri 4:46 AM||850 km||528 miles||459 nm||NE|
|Palikir||Fri 3:46 AM||1423 km||884 miles||768 nm||NNW|
|Tarawa||Fri 4:46 AM||1529 km||950 miles||825 nm||ENE|
|Port Vila||Fri 3:46 AM||1554 km||966 miles||839 nm||SSE|
|Port Moresby||Fri 2:46 AM||1599 km||993 miles||863 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Fri 4:46 AM||1805 km||1122 miles||975 nm||NE|
|Funafuti||Fri 4:46 AM||2020 km||1255 miles||1091 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.