Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 5:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 17:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 446.63 meters/second, 1607.9 kilometres/hour, 999.1 miles/hour or 868.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.65 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 54.3"||998.95 mi||West||0° 11' 21.9"||13.02 mi||South||998.87 mi|
|24 hours||11° 51' 19.3"||815.91 mi||East||4° 24' 20.5"||302.77 mi||South||866.56 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lae||Fri 3:40 AM||162 km||101 miles||88 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 3:40 AM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||SSW|
|Mount Hagen||Fri 3:40 AM||427 km||265 miles||231 nm||W|
|Rabaul||Fri 3:40 AM||484 km||301 miles||261 nm||ENE|
|Arawa||Fri 3:40 AM||830 km||516 miles||448 nm||E|
|Jayapura||Fri 2:40 AM||893 km||555 miles||482 nm||WNW|
|Gizo||Fri 4:40 AM||1002 km||623 miles||541 nm||ESE|
|Cairns||Fri 3:40 AM||1260 km||783 miles||680 nm||SSW|
|Honiara||Fri 4:40 AM||1371 km||852 miles||740 nm||ESE|
|Manokwari||Fri 2:40 AM||1649 km||1025 miles||890 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.