Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 6:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 18:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.49 meters/second, 1607.4 km/hour, 998.8 miles/hour or 867.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.2"||998.63 mi||West||0° 11' 20.7"||12.99 mi||South||998.55 mi|
|24 hours||11° 52' 19.6"||816.84 mi||East||4° 23' 38.8"||301.97 mi||South||867.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Manokwari||Fri 3:30 AM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||NNW|
|Jayapura||Fri 3:30 AM||643 km||400 miles||347 nm||NE|
|Ambon||Fri 3:30 AM||900 km||559 miles||486 nm||WNW|
|Mount Hagen||Fri 4:30 AM||913 km||567 miles||493 nm||E|
|Darwin||Fri 4:00 AM||918 km||571 miles||496 nm||SW|
|Dili||Fri 3:30 AM||1186 km||737 miles||640 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 4:30 AM||1296 km||805 miles||700 nm||ESE|
|Manado||Fri 2:30 AM||1486 km||923 miles||802 nm||WNW|
|Melekeok||Fri 3:30 AM||1492 km||927 miles||805 nm||N|
|Gorontalo||Fri 2:30 AM||1604 km||997 miles||866 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.