Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 6:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 18:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.43 meters/second, 1607.2 km/hour, 998.6 miles/hour or 867.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 51.5"||998.50 mi||West||0° 11' 20.3"||12.98 mi||South||998.41 mi|
|24 hours||11° 52' 43.7"||817.21 mi||East||4° 23' 21.8"||301.65 mi||South||867.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ambon||Fri 3:50 AM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||NW|
|Baucau||Fri 3:50 AM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||WSW|
|Manokwari||Fri 3:50 AM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||NNE|
|Dili||Fri 3:50 AM||678 km||421 miles||366 nm||WSW|
|Same||Fri 3:50 AM||693 km||431 miles||374 nm||WSW|
|Darwin||Fri 4:20 AM||718 km||446 miles||387 nm||S|
|Suai||Fri 3:50 AM||747 km||464 miles||404 nm||WSW|
|Sofifi||Fri 3:50 AM||844 km||524 miles||456 nm||NNW|
|Ternate||Fri 3:50 AM||858 km||533 miles||463 nm||NNW|
|Kupang||Fri 2:50 AM||953 km||592 miles||515 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.