Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 7:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 19:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 446.28 meters/second, 1606.6 kilometres/hour, 998.3 miles/hour or 867.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 49.3"||998.17 mi||West||0° 11' 19.1"||12.96 mi||South||998.08 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 45.0"||818.14 mi||East||4° 22' 38.5"||300.82 mi||South||867.79 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Makassar||Fri 3:40 AM||118 km||73 miles||64 nm||NNE|
|Raba||Fri 3:40 AM||264 km||164 miles||143 nm||S|
|Mamuju||Fri 3:40 AM||384 km||239 miles||207 nm||N|
|Ende||Fri 3:40 AM||414 km||257 miles||223 nm||SE|
|Mataram||Fri 3:40 AM||423 km||263 miles||228 nm||SW|
|Kendari||Fri 3:40 AM||453 km||281 miles||245 nm||ENE|
|Singaraja||Fri 3:40 AM||490 km||304 miles||264 nm||WSW|
|Denpasar||Fri 3:40 AM||506 km||315 miles||273 nm||WSW|
|Banjarmasin||Fri 3:40 AM||585 km||363 miles||316 nm||WNW|
|Palu||Fri 3:40 AM||587 km||364 miles||317 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.