Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 9:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 78%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 21:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.90 meters/second, 1605.2 km/hour, 997.4 miles/hour or 866.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 43.8"||997.30 mi||West||0° 11' 15.9"||12.90 mi||South||997.19 mi|
|24 hours||11° 56' 22.2"||820.51 mi||East||4° 20' 44.8"||298.66 mi||South||869.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bengkulu||Fri 4:46 AM||1547 km||961 miles||835 nm||E|
|Medan||Fri 4:46 AM||1585 km||985 miles||856 nm||NE|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Fri 3:16 AM||1769 km||1099 miles||955 nm||NNW|
|Colombo||Fri 3:16 AM||1777 km||1104 miles||959 nm||NNW|
|Diego Garcia||Fri 3:46 AM||1789 km||1112 miles||966 nm||W|
|Kuala Lumpur||Fri 5:46 AM||1810 km||1125 miles||977 nm||NE|
|Palembang||Fri 4:46 AM||1838 km||1142 miles||992 nm||ENE|
|Singapore||Fri 5:46 AM||1905 km||1184 miles||1029 nm||ENE|
|Jakarta||Fri 4:46 AM||2018 km||1254 miles||1090 nm||E|
|Male||Fri 2:46 AM||2051 km||1274 miles||1107 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.