Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 12:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 77%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 00:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.27 meters/second, 1603.0 km/hour, 996.0 miles/hour or 865.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.60 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||South||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 34.8"||995.88 mi||West||0° 11' 10.5"||12.80 mi||South||995.76 mi|
|24 hours||12° 00' 29.6"||824.20 mi||East||4° 17' 38.2"||295.11 mi||South||871.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Dar es Salaam||Fri 3:58 AM||317 km||197 miles||171 nm||W|
|Zanzibar City||Fri 3:58 AM||343 km||213 miles||185 nm||WNW|
|Mombasa||Fri 3:58 AM||437 km||271 miles||236 nm||NW|
|Moroni||Fri 3:58 AM||519 km||322 miles||280 nm||SSE|
|Fomboni||Fri 3:58 AM||596 km||370 miles||322 nm||SSE|
|Mutsamudu||Fri 3:58 AM||609 km||378 miles||329 nm||SSE|
|Pemba||Fri 2:58 AM||669 km||416 miles||361 nm||SSW|
|Mamoutzou||Fri 3:58 AM||710 km||441 miles||383 nm||SSE|
|Dodoma||Fri 3:58 AM||715 km||445 miles||386 nm||W|
|Garissa||Fri 3:58 AM||789 km||490 miles||426 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.