Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 2:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 76%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 02:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 445.03 meters/second, 1602.1 kilometres/hour, 995.5 miles/hour or 865.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||South||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 31.6"||995.34 mi||West||0° 11' 08.3"||12.76 mi||South||995.21 mi|
|24 hours||12° 02' 02.0"||825.57 mi||East||4° 16' 26.1"||293.73 mi||South||871.81 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mbuji-Mayi||Fri 4:08 AM||226 km||140 miles||122 nm||NW|
|Tshikapa||Fri 4:08 AM||499 km||310 miles||270 nm||WNW|
|Lucapa||Fri 3:08 AM||507 km||315 miles||274 nm||WSW|
|Lubumbashi||Fri 4:08 AM||538 km||334 miles||290 nm||SSE|
|Bujumbura||Fri 4:08 AM||638 km||396 miles||344 nm||NE|
|Rutana||Fri 4:08 AM||651 km||404 miles||351 nm||NE|
|Bukavu||Fri 4:08 AM||670 km||416 miles||362 nm||NE|
|Gitega||Fri 4:08 AM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||NE|
|Kitwe||Fri 4:08 AM||687 km||427 miles||371 nm||SSE|
|Ruyigi||Fri 4:08 AM||704 km||437 miles||380 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.