Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 3:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 76%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 03:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.68 meters/second, 1600.8 km/hour, 994.7 miles/hour or 864.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 26.8"||994.56 mi||West||0° 11' 05.2"||12.70 mi||South||994.42 mi|
|24 hours||12° 04' 13.6"||827.50 mi||East||4° 14' 41.7"||291.75 mi||South||872.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|São Tomé||Fri 3:46 AM||1057 km||657 miles||571 nm||NNE|
|Jamestown||Fri 3:46 AM||1207 km||750 miles||652 nm||SW|
|Libreville||Fri 4:46 AM||1253 km||778 miles||676 nm||NE|
|Luanda||Fri 4:46 AM||1297 km||806 miles||701 nm||E|
|Accra||Fri 3:46 AM||1472 km||915 miles||795 nm||N|
|Malabo||Fri 4:46 AM||1498 km||931 miles||809 nm||NNE|
|Lomé||Fri 3:46 AM||1525 km||947 miles||823 nm||N|
|Abidjan||Fri 3:46 AM||1561 km||970 miles||843 nm||NNW|
|Porto Novo||Fri 4:46 AM||1569 km||975 miles||847 nm||N|
|Brazzaville||Fri 4:46 AM||1570 km||975 miles||847 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.