Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 3:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 76%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 03:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.63 meters/second, 1600.7 km/hour, 994.6 miles/hour or 864.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 26.2"||994.46 mi||West||0° 11' 04.8"||12.69 mi||South||994.32 mi|
|24 hours||12° 04' 29.8"||827.74 mi||East||4° 14' 28.7"||291.50 mi||South||872.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Fri 3:58 AM||1025 km||637 miles||554 nm||SSW|
|São Tomé||Fri 3:58 AM||1265 km||786 miles||683 nm||NE|
|Abidjan||Fri 3:58 AM||1468 km||912 miles||793 nm||NNW|
|Accra||Fri 3:58 AM||1470 km||913 miles||794 nm||N|
|Libreville||Fri 4:58 AM||1499 km||932 miles||810 nm||NE|
|Lome||Fri 3:58 AM||1556 km||967 miles||840 nm||N|
|Luanda||Fri 4:58 AM||1615 km||1004 miles||872 nm||E|
|Porto Novo||Fri 4:58 AM||1630 km||1013 miles||880 nm||NNE|
|Lagos||Fri 4:58 AM||1650 km||1026 miles||891 nm||NNE|
|Yamoussoukro||Fri 3:58 AM||1662 km||1033 miles||897 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.