Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 5:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 05:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.26 meters/second, 1599.3 km/hour, 993.8 miles/hour or 863.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 21.1"||993.61 mi||West||0° 11' 01.4"||12.62 mi||South||993.47 mi|
|24 hours||12° 06' 49.5"||829.78 mi||East||4° 12' 34.9"||289.33 mi||South||874.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fernando de Noronha||Fri 3:40 AM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Fri 2:40 AM||976 km||606 miles||527 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Fri 2:40 AM||1460 km||907 miles||788 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Fri 2:40 AM||1468 km||912 miles||792 nm||WSW|
|Freetown||Fri 5:40 AM||2312 km||1437 miles||1249 nm||NE|
|Monrovia||Fri 5:40 AM||2318 km||1440 miles||1251 nm||NE|
|Conakry||Fri 5:40 AM||2371 km||1473 miles||1280 nm||NE|
|Jamestown||Fri 5:40 AM||2379 km||1478 miles||1285 nm||ESE|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Fri 3:40 AM||2469 km||1534 miles||1333 nm||SW|
|Bissau||Fri 5:40 AM||2484 km||1543 miles||1341 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.