Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 6:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 06:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.07 meters/second, 1598.6 km/hour, 993.4 miles/hour or 863.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 18.5"||993.19 mi||West||0° 10' 59.6"||12.59 mi||South||993.04 mi|
|24 hours||12° 07' 59.0"||830.78 mi||East||4° 11' 37.4"||288.24 mi||South||874.54 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Juàzeiro do Norte||Fri 3:30 AM||167 km||104 miles||90 nm||NW|
|Garanhuns||Fri 3:30 AM||198 km||123 miles||107 nm||ESE|
|Caruaru||Fri 3:30 AM||239 km||148 miles||129 nm||E|
|Maceió||Fri 3:30 AM||311 km||193 miles||168 nm||ESE|
|Recife||Fri 3:30 AM||357 km||222 miles||193 nm||E|
|Natal||Fri 3:30 AM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||NE|
|Fortaleza||Fri 3:30 AM||492 km||306 miles||265 nm||N|
|Salvador||Fri 3:30 AM||535 km||332 miles||289 nm||S|
|Fernando de Noronha||Fri 4:30 AM||791 km||492 miles||427 nm||NE|
|Brasilia *||Fri 4:30 AM||1356 km||842 miles||732 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.