Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, February 1, 2013 at 06:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 06:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.03 meters/second, 1598.5 km/hour, 993.3 miles/hour or 863.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.55 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||south||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 18.1"||993.16 mi||west||0° 10' 59.2"||12.58 mi||south||993.01 mi|
|24 hours||12° 08' 14.5"||831.06 mi||east||4° 11' 24.5"||288.01 mi||south||874.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Juàzeiro do Norte||Fri 3:40 AM||203 km||126 miles||110 nm||NE|
|Fortaleza||Fri 3:40 AM||550 km||342 miles||297 nm||NNE|
|Maceió||Fri 3:40 AM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||ESE|
|Salvador||Fri 3:40 AM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||SSE|
|Recife||Fri 3:40 AM||655 km||407 miles||354 nm||E|
|Natal||Fri 3:40 AM||672 km||417 miles||363 nm||ENE|
|Belém||Fri 3:40 AM||1130 km||702 miles||610 nm||NW|
|Brasilia *||Fri 4:40 AM||1139 km||708 miles||615 nm||SW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Fri 4:40 AM||1654 km||1028 miles||893 nm||S|
|São Paulo *||Fri 4:40 AM||1811 km||1125 miles||978 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.