Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 6:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 06:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.03 meters/second, 1598.5 km/hour, 993.3 miles/hour or 863.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 18.1"||993.10 mi||West||0° 10' 59.2"||12.58 mi||South||992.95 mi|
|24 hours||12° 08' 12.8"||830.98 mi||East||4° 11' 25.8"||288.02 mi||South||874.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Juàzeiro do Norte||Fri 3:40 AM||174 km||108 miles||94 nm||NE|
|Fortaleza||Fri 3:40 AM||542 km||337 miles||293 nm||NNE|
|Maceió||Fri 3:40 AM||554 km||344 miles||299 nm||ESE|
|Salvador||Fri 3:40 AM||577 km||358 miles||311 nm||SSE|
|Recife||Fri 3:40 AM||624 km||387 miles||337 nm||E|
|Natal||Fri 3:40 AM||647 km||402 miles||349 nm||ENE|
|Fernando de Noronha||Fri 4:40 AM||1019 km||633 miles||550 nm||ENE|
|Belém||Fri 3:40 AM||1151 km||715 miles||622 nm||NW|
|Brasilia *||Fri 4:40 AM||1159 km||720 miles||626 nm||SW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Fri 4:40 AM||1659 km||1031 miles||896 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.