Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 6:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 06:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.99 meters/second, 1598.4 km/hour, 993.2 miles/hour or 863.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 17.6"||993.02 mi||West||0° 10' 58.9"||12.58 mi||South||992.87 mi|
|24 hours||12° 08' 26.9"||831.18 mi||East||4° 11' 14.3"||287.79 mi||South||874.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fortaleza||Fri 3:50 AM||699 km||435 miles||378 nm||NE|
|Salvador||Fri 3:50 AM||720 km||448 miles||389 nm||SE|
|Recife||Fri 3:50 AM||890 km||553 miles||481 nm||E|
|Belém||Fri 3:50 AM||965 km||600 miles||521 nm||NW|
|Brasilia *||Fri 4:50 AM||994 km||617 miles||537 nm||SSW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Fri 4:50 AM||1632 km||1014 miles||881 nm||S|
|Guarulhos *||Fri 4:50 AM||1728 km||1074 miles||933 nm||SSW|
|São Paulo *||Fri 4:50 AM||1741 km||1082 miles||940 nm||SSW|
|Cayenne||Fri 3:50 AM||1788 km||1111 miles||965 nm||NW|
|Manaus||Fri 2:50 AM||1971 km||1225 miles||1064 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.