Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 8:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 08:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.69 meters/second, 1597.3 km/hour, 992.5 miles/hour or 862.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.54 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 13.5"||992.34 mi||West||0° 10' 56.0"||12.52 mi||South||992.18 mi|
|24 hours||12° 10' 16.6"||832.77 mi||East||4° 09' 41.8"||286.03 mi||South||875.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Porto Velho||Fri 4:08 AM||227 km||141 miles||123 nm||W|
|Riberalta||Fri 4:08 AM||543 km||337 miles||293 nm||WSW|
|Manaus||Fri 4:08 AM||624 km||388 miles||337 nm||NNE|
|Rio Branco||Fri 4:08 AM||680 km||422 miles||367 nm||WSW|
|La Paz||Fri 4:08 AM||1123 km||698 miles||606 nm||SW|
|Sucre||Fri 4:08 AM||1227 km||763 miles||663 nm||SSW|
|Belém||Fri 5:08 AM||1671 km||1038 miles||902 nm||ENE|
|Lima||Fri 3:08 AM||1713 km||1064 miles||925 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia *||Fri 6:08 AM||1720 km||1069 miles||929 nm||ESE|
|Georgetown||Fri 4:08 AM||1737 km||1079 miles||938 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.