Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 9:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 09:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.45 meters/second, 1596.4 km/hour, 992.0 miles/hour or 862.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.53 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||South||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 10.3"||991.80 mi||West||0° 10' 53.7"||12.48 mi||South||991.64 mi|
|24 hours||12° 11' 42.0"||833.99 mi||East||4° 08' 28.8"||284.64 mi||South||876.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pucallpa||Fri 4:08 AM||199 km||124 miles||108 nm||E|
|Trujillo||Fri 4:08 AM||303 km||188 miles||163 nm||W|
|Callao||Fri 4:08 AM||386 km||240 miles||208 nm||SSW|
|Lima||Fri 4:08 AM||386 km||240 miles||208 nm||SSW|
|Loja||Fri 4:08 AM||604 km||375 miles||326 nm||NNW|
|Iquitos||Fri 4:08 AM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||NNE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Fri 4:08 AM||650 km||404 miles||351 nm||SE|
|Cuenca||Fri 4:08 AM||701 km||436 miles||378 nm||NNW|
|Guayaquil||Fri 4:08 AM||813 km||505 miles||439 nm||NNW|
|Rio Branco||Fri 5:08 AM||946 km||588 miles||511 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.