Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, February 1, 2013 at 11:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 11:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.83 meters/second, 1594.2 km/hour, 990.6 miles/hour or 860.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||16.51 mi||west||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||south||16.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 02.1"||990.47 mi||west||0° 10' 47.5"||12.36 mi||south||990.30 mi|
|24 hours||12° 15' 23.4"||837.20 mi||east||4° 05' 15.1"||280.97 mi||south||877.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Fri 6:40 AM||2034 km||1264 miles||1099 nm||SSE|
|Adamstown||Fri 3:40 AM||2505 km||1557 miles||1353 nm||SW|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 5:40 AM||2782 km||1729 miles||1502 nm||ENE|
|Mexico City||Fri 5:40 AM||3519 km||2187 miles||1900 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Fri 5:40 AM||3635 km||2259 miles||1963 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Fri 5:40 AM||3671 km||2281 miles||1982 nm||NE|
|Managua||Fri 5:40 AM||3808 km||2366 miles||2056 nm||NE|
|Tegucigalpa||Fri 5:40 AM||3859 km||2398 miles||2084 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Fri 5:40 AM||3865 km||2402 miles||2087 nm||ENE|
|Belmopan||Fri 5:40 AM||3975 km||2470 miles||2146 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.