Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 12:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 12:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.54 meters/second, 1593.1 km/hour, 989.9 miles/hour or 860.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||South||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 58.5"||989.75 mi||West||0° 10' 44.7"||12.31 mi||South||989.58 mi|
|24 hours||12° 17' 04.6"||838.58 mi||East||4° 03' 44.6"||279.23 mi||South||878.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 4:50 AM||1744 km||1084 miles||942 nm||S|
|Papeete||Fri 2:50 AM||2304 km||1432 miles||1244 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 7:50 AM||2931 km||1821 miles||1582 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 2:50 AM||3275 km||2035 miles||1768 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 2:50 AM||3452 km||2145 miles||1864 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Fri 1:50 AM||4432 km||2754 miles||2393 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Fri 2:50 AM||4556 km||2831 miles||2460 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Sat 2:50 AM||4579 km||2845 miles||2473 nm||W|
|Mexico City||Fri 6:50 AM||4642 km||2885 miles||2507 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Fri 4:50 AM||4956 km||3080 miles||2676 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.