Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, February 1, 2013 at 12:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 12:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.54 meters/second, 1593.1 km/hour, 989.9 miles/hour or 860.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||16.50 mi||west||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||south||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 58.5"||989.75 mi||west||0° 10' 44.7"||12.31 mi||south||989.58 mi|
|24 hours||12° 17' 04.6"||838.58 mi||east||4° 03' 44.6"||279.23 mi||south||878.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 4:50 AM||1744 km||1084 miles||942 nm||S|
|Papeete||Fri 2:50 AM||2305 km||1432 miles||1245 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 7:50 AM||2931 km||1821 miles||1582 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 2:50 AM||3275 km||2035 miles||1768 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 2:50 AM||3452 km||2145 miles||1864 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Fri 1:50 AM||4432 km||2754 miles||2393 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Fri 2:50 AM||4556 km||2831 miles||2460 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Sat 2:50 AM||4579 km||2845 miles||2473 nm||W|
|Mexico City||Fri 6:50 AM||4642 km||2885 miles||2507 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Fri 4:50 AM||4956 km||3080 miles||2676 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.