Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 1:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 13:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.46 meters/second, 1592.9 km/hour, 989.8 miles/hour or 860.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||South||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 57.4"||989.58 mi||West||0° 10' 43.9"||12.29 mi||South||989.40 mi|
|24 hours||12° 17' 31.1"||838.95 mi||East||4° 03' 20.6"||278.77 mi||South||878.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Fri 3:38 AM||569 km||353 miles||307 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Fri 5:08 AM||1795 km||1115 miles||969 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Fri 3:08 AM||1878 km||1167 miles||1014 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 3:08 AM||2836 km||1762 miles||1532 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 3:08 AM||3025 km||1879 miles||1633 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 8:08 AM||3280 km||2038 miles||1771 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Fri 2:08 AM||3978 km||2472 miles||2148 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 2:08 AM||4047 km||2515 miles||2185 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 3:08 AM||4108 km||2553 miles||2218 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Fri 3:08 AM||4257 km||2645 miles||2299 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.