Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 1:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 13:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 442.26 meters/second, 1592.1 kilometres/hour, 989.3 miles/hour or 859.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||South||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 54.7"||989.12 mi||West||0° 10' 41.9"||12.25 mi||South||988.94 mi|
|24 hours||12° 18' 42.4"||839.95 mi||East||4° 02' 15.8"||277.54 mi||South||879.25 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Fri 4:26 AM||710 km||441 miles||383 nm||E|
|Papeete||Fri 3:56 AM||971 km||603 miles||524 nm||SSW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Fri 3:56 AM||998 km||620 miles||539 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 3:56 AM||1783 km||1108 miles||963 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 3:56 AM||1970 km||1224 miles||1064 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Fri 5:56 AM||2403 km||1493 miles||1298 nm||SE|
|Fakaofo||Sat 2:56 AM||2774 km||1724 miles||1498 nm||W|
|Alofi||Fri 2:56 AM||2791 km||1734 miles||1507 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sat 3:56 AM||2855 km||1774 miles||1542 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 2:56 AM||3387 km||2105 miles||1829 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.