Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 1:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 13:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 442.25 meters/second, 1592.1 kilometres/hour, 989.3 miles/hour or 859.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||South||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 54.6"||989.10 mi||West||0° 10' 41.8"||12.25 mi||South||988.92 mi|
|24 hours||12° 18' 45.5"||840.00 mi||East||4° 02' 13.1"||277.48 mi||South||879.27 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Fri 4:28 AM||763 km||474 miles||412 nm||E|
|Papeete||Fri 3:58 AM||950 km||590 miles||513 nm||SSW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Fri 3:58 AM||966 km||600 miles||521 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 3:58 AM||1746 km||1085 miles||943 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 3:58 AM||1931 km||1200 miles||1043 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Fri 5:58 AM||2439 km||1515 miles||1317 nm||SE|
|Fakaofo||Sat 2:58 AM||2721 km||1691 miles||1469 nm||W|
|Alofi||Fri 2:58 AM||2742 km||1704 miles||1481 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sat 3:58 AM||2803 km||1742 miles||1514 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 2:58 AM||3339 km||2075 miles||1803 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.