Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 2:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 14:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.21 meters/second, 1591.9 km/hour, 989.2 miles/hour or 859.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||South||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 54.0"||989.01 mi||West||0° 10' 41.4"||12.24 mi||South||988.82 mi|
|24 hours||12° 19' 00.4"||840.21 mi||East||4° 01' 59.5"||277.22 mi||South||879.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Fri 4:08 AM||833 km||517 miles||450 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Fri 4:08 AM||888 km||552 miles||479 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Sat 4:08 AM||1575 km||978 miles||850 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 4:08 AM||1745 km||1085 miles||942 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 3:08 AM||2456 km||1526 miles||1326 nm||W|
|Alofi||Fri 3:08 AM||2503 km||1555 miles||1351 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sat 4:08 AM||2544 km||1581 miles||1373 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Fri 6:08 AM||2624 km||1630 miles||1417 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Sat 3:08 AM||3101 km||1927 miles||1674 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 2:08 AM||3247 km||2017 miles||1753 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.