Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 2:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 71%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 14:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.16 meters/second, 1591.8 km/hour, 989.1 miles/hour or 859.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||16.48 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||South||16.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 53.6"||988.91 mi||West||0° 10' 40.9"||12.24 mi||South||988.72 mi|
|24 hours||12° 19' 15.3"||840.42 mi||East||4° 01' 45.7"||276.96 mi||South||879.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Fri 4:18 AM||769 km||478 miles||415 nm||S|
|Papeete||Fri 4:18 AM||900 km||559 miles||486 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 4:18 AM||1433 km||891 miles||774 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 4:18 AM||1581 km||982 miles||853 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 3:18 AM||2190 km||1361 miles||1183 nm||W|
|Alofi||Fri 3:18 AM||2268 km||1409 miles||1224 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sat 4:18 AM||2285 km||1420 miles||1234 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Fri 6:18 AM||2820 km||1752 miles||1523 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Sat 3:18 AM||2866 km||1781 miles||1547 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 2:18 AM||2996 km||1862 miles||1618 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.