Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 3:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 71%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 15:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 441.95 meters/second, 1591.0 kilometres/hour, 988.6 miles/hour or 859.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||16.48 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||South||16.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 50.7"||988.42 mi||West||0° 10' 38.7"||12.19 mi||South||988.23 mi|
|24 hours||12° 20' 30.2"||841.47 mi||East||4° 00' 36.6"||275.65 mi||South||880.02 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Sat 4:08 AM||865 km||537 miles||467 nm||W|
|Pago Pago||Fri 4:08 AM||947 km||589 miles||512 nm||WSW|
|Atafu||Sat 4:08 AM||1017 km||632 miles||549 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 5:08 AM||1026 km||637 miles||554 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Fri 4:08 AM||1253 km||778 miles||676 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 5:08 AM||1330 km||826 miles||718 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 5:08 AM||1444 km||897 miles||780 nm||NNE|
|Papeete||Fri 5:08 AM||1722 km||1070 miles||930 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Sat 4:08 AM||1792 km||1113 miles||967 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Fri 3:08 AM||1823 km||1133 miles||984 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.