Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, February 1, 2013 at 15:08:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 71%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 15:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.94 meters/second, 1591.0 km/hour, 988.6 miles/hour or 859.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||16.48 mi||west||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||south||16.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 50.6"||988.41 mi||west||0° 10' 38.6"||12.19 mi||south||988.22 mi|
|24 hours||12° 20' 32.0"||841.49 mi||east||4° 00' 35.2"||275.62 mi||south||880.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Sat 4:08 AM||838 km||521 miles||453 nm||W|
|Pago Pago||Fri 4:08 AM||921 km||573 miles||498 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Sat 5:08 AM||999 km||621 miles||539 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Fri 4:08 AM||1236 km||768 miles||667 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 5:08 AM||1338 km||831 miles||722 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 5:08 AM||1458 km||906 miles||787 nm||NNE|
|Papeete||Fri 5:08 AM||1746 km||1085 miles||943 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Sat 4:08 AM||1771 km||1100 miles||956 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Fri 3:08 AM||1799 km||1118 miles||971 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Sat 3:08 AM||1893 km||1176 miles||1022 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.