Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 3:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 71%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 15:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 441.73 meters/second, 1590.2 kilometres/hour, 988.1 miles/hour or 858.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.47 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 47.8"||987.93 mi||West||0° 10' 36.4"||12.15 mi||South||987.74 mi|
|24 hours||12° 21' 45.7"||842.52 mi||East||3° 59' 26.4"||274.31 mi||South||880.55 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Atafu||Sat 4:58 AM||351 km||218 miles||189 nm||ENE|
|Mata-Utu||Sat 3:58 AM||388 km||241 miles||210 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 4:58 AM||466 km||290 miles||252 nm||E|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sat 5:58 AM||552 km||343 miles||298 nm||SE|
|Apia *||Sat 5:58 AM||592 km||368 miles||320 nm||SE|
|Funafuti||Sat 3:58 AM||610 km||379 miles||330 nm||WNW|
|Pago Pago||Fri 4:58 AM||708 km||440 miles||382 nm||SE|
|Rawaki||Sat 4:58 AM||856 km||532 miles||462 nm||NE|
|Kanton Island||Sat 4:58 AM||883 km||549 miles||477 nm||NNE|
|Labasa||Sat 3:58 AM||920 km||572 miles||497 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.