Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 6:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 18:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.00 meters/second, 1587.6 km/hour, 986.5 miles/hour or 857.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 38.4"||986.29 mi||West||0° 10' 28.7"||12.00 mi||South||986.09 mi|
|24 hours||12° 25' 53.3"||845.96 mi||East||3° 55' 31.3"||269.83 mi||South||882.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Moresby||Sat 4:40 AM||215 km||134 miles||116 nm||ENE|
|Lae||Sat 4:40 AM||434 km||270 miles||234 nm||NNE|
|Mount Hagen||Sat 4:40 AM||514 km||319 miles||277 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Sat 4:40 AM||729 km||453 miles||393 nm||S|
|Jayapura||Sat 3:40 AM||1010 km||627 miles||545 nm||NNW|
|Honiara||Sat 5:40 AM||1595 km||991 miles||861 nm||E|
|Darwin||Sat 4:10 AM||1611 km||1001 miles||870 nm||W|
|Manokwari||Sat 3:40 AM||1639 km||1018 miles||885 nm||NW|
|Alice Springs||Sat 4:10 AM||1921 km||1194 miles||1037 nm||SW|
|Brisbane||Sat 4:40 AM||2056 km||1277 miles||1110 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.