Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 6:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 18:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.95 meters/second, 1587.4 km/hour, 986.4 miles/hour or 857.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 38.0"||986.19 mi||West||0° 10' 28.1"||11.99 mi||South||985.99 mi|
|24 hours||12° 26' 08.8"||846.17 mi||East||3° 55' 16.3"||269.54 mi||South||882.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Moresby||Sat 4:50 AM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||ENE|
|Mount Hagen||Sat 4:50 AM||516 km||321 miles||279 nm||NNE|
|Lae||Sat 4:50 AM||593 km||369 miles||320 nm||NE|
|Cairns||Sat 4:50 AM||783 km||487 miles||423 nm||SSE|
|Jayapura||Sat 3:50 AM||904 km||561 miles||488 nm||NNW|
|Darwin||Sat 4:20 AM||1350 km||839 miles||729 nm||W|
|Manokwari||Sat 3:50 AM||1446 km||898 miles||781 nm||NW|
|Alice Springs||Sat 4:20 AM||1766 km||1097 miles||953 nm||SSW|
|Honiara||Sat 5:50 AM||1859 km||1155 miles||1004 nm||E|
|Dili||Sat 3:50 AM||1927 km||1197 miles||1040 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.