Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 7:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 69%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 19:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.91 meters/second, 1587.3 km/hour, 986.3 miles/hour or 857.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 37.4"||986.09 mi||West||0° 10' 27.7"||11.98 mi||South||985.88 mi|
|24 hours||12° 26' 24.3"||846.39 mi||East||3° 55' 01.4"||269.26 mi||South||882.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Hagen||Sat 5:00 AM||641 km||398 miles||346 nm||NE|
|Port Moresby||Sat 5:00 AM||729 km||453 miles||393 nm||E|
|Lae||Sat 5:00 AM||810 km||504 miles||438 nm||ENE|
|Jayapura||Sat 4:00 AM||870 km||540 miles||470 nm||N|
|Cairns||Sat 5:00 AM||912 km||567 miles||493 nm||SE|
|Darwin||Sat 4:30 AM||1090 km||677 miles||589 nm||WSW|
|Manokwari||Sat 4:00 AM||1280 km||795 miles||691 nm||NW|
|Alice Springs||Sat 4:30 AM||1636 km||1016 miles||883 nm||SSW|
|Dili||Sat 4:00 AM||1663 km||1034 miles||898 nm||W|
|Melekeok||Sat 4:00 AM||2088 km||1297 miles||1127 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.