Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 7:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 69%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 19:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.77 meters/second, 1586.8 km/hour, 986.0 miles/hour or 856.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 35.6"||985.78 mi||West||0° 10' 26.2"||11.96 mi||South||985.57 mi|
|24 hours||12° 27' 10.7"||847.03 mi||East||3° 54' 16.2"||268.40 mi||South||882.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Sat 5:00 AM||351 km||218 miles||190 nm||SW|
|Baucau||Sat 4:30 AM||791 km||492 miles||427 nm||WNW|
|Same||Sat 4:30 AM||862 km||536 miles||466 nm||W|
|Dili||Sat 4:30 AM||881 km||548 miles||476 nm||WNW|
|Suai||Sat 4:30 AM||899 km||559 miles||485 nm||W|
|Ambon||Sat 4:30 AM||945 km||587 miles||510 nm||NW|
|Tennant Creek||Sat 5:00 AM||1017 km||632 miles||549 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Sat 4:30 AM||1067 km||663 miles||576 nm||N|
|Jayapura||Sat 4:30 AM||1196 km||743 miles||646 nm||NE|
|Kendari||Sat 3:30 AM||1397 km||868 miles||754 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.