Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 7:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 69%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 19:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.68 meters/second, 1586.4 km/hour, 985.8 miles/hour or 856.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 34.3"||985.57 mi||West||0° 10' 25.2"||11.94 mi||South||985.36 mi|
|24 hours||12° 27' 41.8"||847.46 mi||East||3° 53' 45.9"||267.82 mi||South||883.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baucau||Sat 4:50 AM||325 km||202 miles||175 nm||NW|
|Darwin||Sat 5:20 AM||329 km||204 miles||178 nm||SE|
|Same||Sat 4:50 AM||360 km||223 miles||194 nm||WNW|
|Suai||Sat 4:50 AM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||WNW|
|Dili||Sat 4:50 AM||392 km||244 miles||212 nm||NW|
|Kupang||Sat 3:50 AM||544 km||338 miles||294 nm||W|
|Ambon||Sat 4:50 AM||759 km||471 miles||410 nm||N|
|Ende||Sat 3:50 AM||779 km||484 miles||421 nm||WNW|
|Kendari||Sat 3:50 AM||984 km||611 miles||531 nm||NW|
|Makassar||Sat 3:50 AM||1170 km||727 miles||632 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.