Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 8:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 69%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 20:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 440.59 meters/second, 1586.1 kilometres/hour, 985.6 miles/hour or 856.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 33.3"||985.38 mi||West||0° 10' 24.3"||11.92 mi||South||985.17 mi|
|24 hours||12° 28' 09.9"||847.84 mi||East||3° 53' 18.4"||267.29 mi||South||883.22 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kupang||Sat 4:08 AM||82 km||51 miles||44 nm||NW|
|Suai||Sat 5:08 AM||184 km||114 miles||99 nm||NE|
|Same||Sat 5:08 AM||238 km||148 miles||129 nm||NE|
|Dili||Sat 5:08 AM||273 km||169 miles||147 nm||NE|
|Ende||Sat 4:08 AM||340 km||211 miles||183 nm||NW|
|Baucau||Sat 5:08 AM||343 km||213 miles||185 nm||NE|
|Raba||Sat 4:08 AM||651 km||405 miles||352 nm||WNW|
|Darwin||Sat 5:38 AM||755 km||469 miles||408 nm||ESE|
|Kendari||Sat 4:08 AM||755 km||469 miles||408 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Sat 4:08 AM||801 km||498 miles||432 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.