Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 8:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 69%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 20:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.47 meters/second, 1585.7 km/hour, 985.3 miles/hour or 856.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 31.7"||985.11 mi||West||0° 10' 23.0"||11.89 mi||South||984.90 mi|
|24 hours||12° 28' 50.4"||848.40 mi||East||3° 52' 38.4"||266.53 mi||South||883.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Raba||Sat 4:34 AM||254 km||158 miles||137 nm||NNE|
|Mataram||Sat 4:34 AM||305 km||189 miles||165 nm||NW|
|Denpasar||Sat 4:34 AM||370 km||230 miles||200 nm||NW|
|Singaraja||Sat 4:34 AM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||NW|
|Ende||Sat 4:34 AM||458 km||284 miles||247 nm||ENE|
|Kupang||Sat 4:34 AM||624 km||388 miles||337 nm||E|
|Makassar||Sat 4:34 AM||634 km||394 miles||342 nm||NNE|
|Malang||Sat 3:34 AM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||WNW|
|Surabaya||Sat 3:34 AM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||WNW|
|Suai||Sat 5:34 AM||820 km||509 miles||443 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.