Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 8:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 69%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 20:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 440.44 meters/second, 1585.6 kilometres/hour, 985.2 miles/hour or 856.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 31.4"||985.05 mi||West||0° 10' 22.7"||11.89 mi||South||984.84 mi|
|24 hours||12° 28' 59.8"||848.53 mi||East||3° 52' 29.3"||266.36 mi||South||883.56 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mataram||Sat 4:40 AM||237 km||147 miles||128 nm||N|
|Denpasar||Sat 4:40 AM||263 km||164 miles||142 nm||NNW|
|Singaraja||Sat 4:40 AM||323 km||200 miles||174 nm||NNW|
|Raba||Sat 4:40 AM||342 km||212 miles||185 nm||NE|
|Malang||Sat 3:40 AM||516 km||321 miles||279 nm||NW|
|Surabaya||Sat 3:40 AM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||NW|
|Kediri||Sat 3:40 AM||584 km||363 miles||315 nm||WNW|
|Ende||Sat 4:40 AM||605 km||376 miles||327 nm||ENE|
|Madiun||Sat 3:40 AM||640 km||398 miles||346 nm||WNW|
|Makassar||Sat 4:40 AM||695 km||432 miles||375 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.