Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 1, 2013 at 9:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 68%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 21:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.08 meters/second, 1584.3 km/hour, 984.4 miles/hour or 855.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.41 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||South||16.41 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 26.7"||984.22 mi||West||0° 10' 18.7"||11.81 mi||South||984.01 mi|
|24 hours||12° 31' 02.3"||850.20 mi||East||3° 50' 27.3"||264.03 mi||South||884.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bantam||Sat 4:28 AM||154 km||96 miles||83 nm||SSW|
|The Settlement||Sat 4:58 AM||882 km||548 miles||476 nm||E|
|Bengkulu||Sat 4:58 AM||940 km||584 miles||507 nm||NNE|
|Jakarta||Sat 4:58 AM||1142 km||709 miles||616 nm||ENE|
|Palembang||Sat 4:58 AM||1179 km||733 miles||637 nm||NE|
|Bandung||Sat 4:58 AM||1184 km||736 miles||639 nm||ENE|
|Singapore||Sat 5:58 AM||1515 km||942 miles||818 nm||NNE|
|Medan||Sat 4:58 AM||1608 km||999 miles||868 nm||N|
|Kuala Lumpur||Sat 5:58 AM||1618 km||1006 miles||874 nm||NNE|
|Malang||Sat 4:58 AM||1693 km||1052 miles||914 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.