Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 1:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 01:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.16 meters/second, 1581.0 km/hour, 982.4 miles/hour or 853.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.37 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||South||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 15.1"||982.17 mi||West||0° 10' 08.3"||11.61 mi||South||981.94 mi|
|24 hours||12° 36' 04.6"||854.31 mi||East||3° 45' 18.8"||258.15 mi||South||886.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Antsiranana||Sat 4:08 AM||281 km||175 miles||152 nm||WSW|
|Mamoutzou||Sat 4:08 AM||723 km||449 miles||390 nm||WSW|
|Toamasina||Sat 4:08 AM||782 km||486 miles||422 nm||SSW|
|Mutsamudu||Sat 4:08 AM||803 km||499 miles||434 nm||W|
|Victoria||Sat 5:08 AM||860 km||534 miles||464 nm||NNE|
|Fomboni||Sat 4:08 AM||876 km||544 miles||473 nm||W|
|Moroni||Sat 4:08 AM||925 km||575 miles||499 nm||W|
|Antananarivo||Sat 4:08 AM||941 km||585 miles||508 nm||SSW|
|Saint-Denis||Sat 5:08 AM||1115 km||693 miles||602 nm||SSE|
|Port Louis||Sat 5:08 AM||1144 km||711 miles||618 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.