Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 2:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 02:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 438.82 meters/second, 1579.7 kilometres/hour, 981.6 miles/hour or 853.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.36 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||South||16.36 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 10.6"||981.40 mi||West||0° 10' 04.2"||11.54 mi||South||981.17 mi|
|24 hours||12° 37' 57.1"||855.83 mi||East||3° 43' 20.8"||255.90 mi||South||887.20 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mzuzu||Sat 4:18 AM||92 km||57 miles||49 nm||WNW|
|Karonga||Sat 4:18 AM||214 km||133 miles||116 nm||NNW|
|Lilongwe||Sat 4:18 AM||283 km||176 miles||153 nm||SSW|
|Chipata||Sat 4:18 AM||324 km||201 miles||175 nm||SW|
|Mbeya||Sat 5:18 AM||340 km||211 miles||183 nm||NNW|
|Zomba||Sat 4:18 AM||418 km||260 miles||226 nm||S|
|Kasama||Sat 4:18 AM||428 km||266 miles||231 nm||WNW|
|Blantyre||Sat 4:18 AM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||S|
|Nampula||Sat 4:18 AM||614 km||381 miles||331 nm||SE|
|Dodoma||Sat 5:18 AM||615 km||382 miles||332 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.