Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 5:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 05:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.81 meters/second, 1576.1 km/hour, 979.3 miles/hour or 851.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||16.32 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||South||16.32 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 57.8"||979.13 mi||West||0° 09' 52.3"||11.31 mi||South||978.89 mi|
|24 hours||12° 43' 25.7"||860.23 mi||East||3° 37' 27.9"||249.17 mi||South||889.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Sat 5:40 AM||977 km||607 miles||528 nm||ESE|
|Monrovia||Sat 5:40 AM||2079 km||1292 miles||1122 nm||N|
|Abidjan||Sat 5:40 AM||2228 km||1385 miles||1203 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Sat 5:40 AM||2291 km||1423 miles||1237 nm||N|
|Yamoussoukro||Sat 5:40 AM||2313 km||1437 miles||1249 nm||NNE|
|Recife||Sat 2:40 AM||2342 km||1455 miles||1265 nm||W|
|Conakry||Sat 5:40 AM||2403 km||1493 miles||1297 nm||N|
|Accra||Sat 5:40 AM||2483 km||1543 miles||1341 nm||NE|
|Lomé||Sat 5:40 AM||2632 km||1636 miles||1421 nm||NE|
|Bissau||Sat 5:40 AM||2669 km||1658 miles||1441 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.