Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 6:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 06:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.55 meters/second, 1575.2 km/hour, 978.8 miles/hour or 850.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.31 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||South||16.31 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 54.5"||978.56 mi||West||0° 09' 49.1"||11.25 mi||South||978.31 mi|
|24 hours||12° 44' 47.7"||861.33 mi||East||3° 35' 57.6"||247.45 mi||South||889.92 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Sat 3:30 AM||1084 km||674 miles||585 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Sat 3:30 AM||1357 km||843 miles||733 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Sat 3:30 AM||1676 km||1042 miles||905 nm||NW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sat 4:30 AM||2165 km||1345 miles||1169 nm||SW|
|Jamestown||Sat 6:30 AM||2224 km||1382 miles||1201 nm||ESE|
|Brasilia *||Sat 4:30 AM||2392 km||1486 miles||1292 nm||WSW|
|São Paulo *||Sat 4:30 AM||2507 km||1558 miles||1354 nm||WSW|
|Monrovia||Sat 6:30 AM||2663 km||1655 miles||1438 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Sat 6:30 AM||2703 km||1680 miles||1460 nm||NNE|
|Belém||Sat 3:30 AM||2756 km||1713 miles||1488 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.