Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 6:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 06:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.45 meters/second, 1574.8 km/hour, 978.5 miles/hour or 850.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.31 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.31 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 53.3"||978.33 mi||West||0° 09' 48.0"||11.23 mi||South||978.08 mi|
|24 hours||12° 45' 20.4"||861.76 mi||East||3° 35' 21.2"||246.76 mi||South||890.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Maceió||Sat 3:50 AM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Sat 3:50 AM||656 km||407 miles||354 nm||NW|
|Salvador||Sat 3:50 AM||833 km||518 miles||450 nm||W|
|Fernando de Noronha||Sat 4:50 AM||962 km||598 miles||520 nm||N|
|Fortaleza||Sat 3:50 AM||1280 km||795 miles||691 nm||NW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sat 4:50 AM||1754 km||1090 miles||947 nm||SW|
|Brasilia *||Sat 4:50 AM||1878 km||1167 miles||1014 nm||WSW|
|São Paulo *||Sat 4:50 AM||2076 km||1290 miles||1121 nm||SW|
|Belém||Sat 3:50 AM||2292 km||1424 miles||1238 nm||WNW|
|Jamestown||Sat 6:50 AM||2737 km||1701 miles||1478 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.