Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 7:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 07:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.11 meters/second, 1573.6 km/hour, 977.8 miles/hour or 849.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.30 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.30 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 48.9"||977.57 mi||West||0° 09' 43.7"||11.15 mi||South||977.32 mi|
|24 hours||12° 47' 09.3"||863.21 mi||East||3° 33' 19.7"||244.44 mi||South||890.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Barreiras||Sat 4:56 AM||198 km||123 miles||107 nm||ENE|
|Brasilia *||Sat 5:56 AM||375 km||233 miles||202 nm||SSW|
|Goiânia *||Sat 5:56 AM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||SSW|
|Salvador||Sat 4:56 AM||900 km||559 miles||486 nm||E|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sat 5:56 AM||1210 km||752 miles||653 nm||SSE|
|São Paulo *||Sat 5:56 AM||1214 km||754 miles||655 nm||S|
|Belém||Sat 4:56 AM||1246 km||774 miles||673 nm||N|
|Fortaleza||Sat 4:56 AM||1335 km||830 miles||721 nm||NE|
|Recife||Sat 4:56 AM||1392 km||865 miles||752 nm||ENE|
|Manaus||Sat 3:56 AM||1798 km||1117 miles||971 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.